Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Off Day


Quotes:

“More hammered than enamored.”  Misheard  statement

Fauna:  Boat-Tailed Grackles, (duh- we’re in Austin) English Mastiff, Boston Terrier

No show tonight. I’m gonna go all Hemmingway on this post . By which I mean I’m going to keep it succinct, not that I’m going to write overly dramatic metaphors expressing deep-seated insecurities about my manhood and then blow my brains out.

We drove. I got dropped off at the house of two of my dearest friends who moved to Austin about a year ago. I have my own room and a bathroom with no one waiting to use it or commenting on how it had been used. Laundry. Luxurious 3 Sh’s. (first one is shower) Day drinking. Wound up in a Spiritual Bookstore well in my cups. Pursued enlightenment. Failed.  Made Monty Python fart sounds. Giggled. Stumbled home. Watched Archer and Home Movies. Slept.

Great evening. Homicidal inclinations reduced by 42%.

1 comment:

  1. I beg to differ: According to Shane, a shave is the first of the 3. Shower - is last.

    ReplyDelete